Don’t you wish that we had Rosie’s work ethic? Just think about it: she had to make every meal for her children, go rivet for eight or more hours, and then be expected to keep up with a home and have a social life. Talk about pressure.
Unfortunately, some days it sure does seem like we’re expected to play out all of our endless roles perfectly–and without complaining of course. And although I have complete faith that you can get all of your tasks accomplished and always have a home that’s ready for guests to come over, you have to admit that you need a little bit of help every once in awhile.
That’s why today I really wanted to write about some of the best ways to lighten your load as far as cleaning is concerned. Although it might be tempting to google some great DIY instructions to get these projects done, sometimes you just have to say, “no.”
So here’s a list of the top five things you should get professionally cleaned:
1. Just say “no” to cleaning your own air ducts. Air duct cleaning takes a lot of skill, knowledge, and experience and is just something that is best left up to a professional. Plus, it’s nice to get great indoor air quality without lifting a finger!
2. Just say “no” to cleaning the dryer vent yourself. Do yourself a favor and just avoid everything that involves vents, pipes, or tubes. However, be sure to schedule dryer vent cleanings periodically because can be a fire hazard if left unattended for too long.
3. Just say “no” to cleaning and waxing your wood floors without a professional. There’s no better way to make your home glow than with a wood floor cleaning and waxing, but it can be back breaking work if you choose to do it yourself. You need your back for tons of things, like getting a good night’s sleep for example.
4. Just say “no” to cleaning the upholstery by yourself. Although most families do own a dining room table, the majority of meals are had in front of the television catching up on favorite shows or movies. And while there’s nothing wrong with this, food and drink tends to get sloppily spilled all over your furniture. Save yourself the headache of trying to figure out what kind of cleaner to buy for your couches and chairs. Call a professional to clean your upholstery. Trust me, it’s worth it.
5. Just say “no” to diy carpet cleaning. Last but not least, you should definitely skip out on renting that huge steam vacuum cleaner at the grocery store and just call to get a professional carpet cleaning. Cleaning the carpets yourself is a huge chore, and can become an even bigger chore if the carpets aren’t dried properly. So just sit back and watch the transformation of your carpets!