To say that the Internet has changed the way we do everything would probably be the understatement of the century, but it really has. We go to the Internet for every type of advice, from “what should I have for dinner” to “what should I write my next paper about.” And with the recent surge of interest in the new social media network, Pinterest, we can visually see our projects come to life and our to-do lists growing larger because of all the amazing creativity and inspiration that’s out there. Pinterest has also given a rebirth to the blogosphere, especially those of us in the home/ garden/ cleaning/ organization blogging category.
So in celebration of all that, I’m going to give you a list of my favorite cleaning and organizational blogs, to inspire the rest of you like they’ve inspired me.
• Clean Mama: I would love to see this woman’s house, because I’m sure it is completely flawless. In addition to giving amazing cleaning tips and funny anecdotes about her family, she also sells these fantastic printables. These printables have checklists for everything from groceries, bills, parties, and anything else you can imagine.
• Cleaning Up the Clutter: This blogger gives great tips and tricks on how to keep a clean house with three boys. I love her style of humor and motivational blogs that inspire you to pick up a broom and feather duster.
• The Pioneer Woman: Anyone who’s into blogging can tell you that Ree Drummond is an inspiration, not only in her blog, but as a brand-builder. Ree is a city girl who fell in love with an Oklahoma cowboy, and tells us all the details of her life out on the prairie. Ree gives great tips on cooking, cleaning, organizing, raising kids, and also takes some pretty amazing photographs.
• The Clean Sweep’s Housekeeping Blog: Who better to give cleaning advice than a cleaning pro? The Clean Sweep blog gives advice from the experience of the experts.
• The Happy Slob’s Guide to Housecleaning: This blogger gives an honest portrayal of what it’s like to keep a clean house in the 21st century. She’s hilarious and gives great tips to those who just can’t find the motivation to clean up their home.
• Apartment Therapy: Although this is technically not a blog per se, it gives some great advice to urban dwellers to make great use out of their small spaces.
• A Slob Comes Clean: Join this blogger on her journey to de-slobification. Her quirky writing style and useful tips will have you laughing all the way to a clean house.
• Clean & Scentsible: This mom of two has a great sense of style and shares her organized home and project ideas for all of us readers.
• 30 Minute Martha: Who wouldn’t want to be Martha Stewart? (Especially if it only takes 30 minutes. ) This blogger gives us short-cut versions to being the domestic goddess that we all envy with tips on cleaning, organization, cooking, and everything else in between.
• Clean, Smart, Simple: We all wish our lives could be exactly these three adjectives, and Alexis shows us how. I especially loved her “Clean Spaces” gallery.
• iHeart Organizing: This blog is beautiful in an of itself. Her ideas are inspirational and make you want to take a trip to the Container Store.
Do you have any favorite blogs? I would love to read some of your go-to places in the blogosphere.
Thanks for the mention! Your list has lots of my favorites as well.
Thanks for reading! Keep up the good writing :)
Such a nice and informative stuff, This is a good blog to spend time. Keep sharing.
Thank you so much! It’s so great to hear positive feedback from readers.
Thanks so much for including my blog in your list! I also like many of the blogs you listed and found some new ones I want to check out!
No problem! Thanks so much for stopping by!
May I get an invitation to read your blog? When I clicked on the icon Blogger said it was open to invited readers only. I would love to browse your blog for inspiration. I have 3 kids and I need the inspiration!
I like all the above blogs but my favorite blog is 30 Minute Martha. thanks for adding it in your list.
It’s definitely one of my favorites too :)
I love Apartmenntherapy already, but the other ones are totally new to me. Great post!
Thanks so much R Browne! Glad you liked the post :)
Thanks so much!
Thanks, guidetoarticles! Stick around and read some more!
Love your information. Just happened to stumble on to this. :)
Thank you for the links!
There are some great cleaning advice resources on here – thanks for taking the time to list them. They’re very helpful!
thank you so much!!!!!!! iHeart Organizing is my favorite one..
I like this blog but among these iHeart Organizing is my favorite one!!!!!!!
Thanks for providing this list. It was a little difficult finding quality cleaning blogs.
I did a search for cleaning blogs. I do floor cleaning for a living. I was so excited to see Pioneer Woman on your list. I love her show on the Food Network. She is an inspiration for going back to basics. Thanks.
Your cleaning blog is so nice, just I read i like it, Thank you sop much for sharing it!
Thanks a lot for useful info.
Nice post, Was just looking for a list like this.Was finding all the cleaning companies when I search on google… this post was a great help.
As an owner of a cleaning service I am always looking at cleaning blogs I must say yours is very nice. I will be back to check out your tips!
Thanks this is a useful post!
Thanks for informations about cleaning. The photo is very nice too.
Thanks for the tips! We have to write a fake blog about cleaning for one of my classes. Do you mind if I link to your site?
I don’t mind at all. :)
It’s true – as you said, the Internet puts things into our own hands. You can learn how to do just about anything, and get step-by-step instructions with photos and video to accompany it. Truly remarkable.
The Pioneer Woman is one of my favorites. She’s a good cook as well as housekeeper!
Thanks Angela. I am thinking of expanding to general house cleaning . Any tips will be appreciated.
Thanks for visiting, keep coming back every week for new tips. :)
Great list Angela, definitely going to check these out! :)
Thanks this really helped me! I have been looking for a sites like this for awhile, however I did notice that some had not been updated since 2011. Clean Mama is great!
I’ll have to update the list then. Thanks!
Angela, thanks for the great list. My wife is currently in the process of starting her own cleaning business. Therefore, your list is a great find! She was actually able to find some great tips on how to clean some stubborn household areas from the “Slob come clean” blog.
I’m glad I could help.
I appreciate this! I have some friends that just put up a cleaning services, and its something that I’m thinking about doing. This gave me some great insight! Thanks for sharing.
I hate to clean. I mean really hate to clean. I am a slob and hoarder and my house really stinks. One day, I actually ran the dishwasher 7 times. I need help–inspiration–something!! Any tips for the dysfunctional cleaner?
My first tip would be to change your mindset about cleaning. If all you do when you clean is think about how much you hate it then you’re going to hate it. If you think about how much better it’s going to look after you clean and have a more positive mindset about it, then you might not hate it so much. You might like A Slob Comes Clean‘s tips because she does what you’re looking for.
These blogs are great! As a home cleaning business owner, I love catching up on these blogs for new an inventive ways to approach tough-to-clean areas. Its always neat to see what works and what doesn’t!
Thanks! I totally agree, I check out Pinterest from time to time because there’s usually good stuff there. Thanks so much for stopping by.
Thanks for the useful information, makes good reading, helpful tips
Great list of blogs here really helpful. I was searching for a list.
Awesome Hair colour by the way!
Thanks! I’m glad you found what you were looking for.
I love reading Fly Lady dot Net. It’s about small steps to declutter and keeping the house clean.
Just wanted to thank you, I have been looking for cleaning blogs for some time and now found because of you. Made my day!
Thanks for list of Blogs. A Slob comes clean is one of my fav’s
Thanks for sharing such great tips!
And such great blogs, we will reading these all weekend and picking up some tips and sharing our experiences!
Great post Angela, we do all sorts of carpet cleaning in the UK, and their does seem to be a demand for house cleaning, so I look forward to reading more top tips that may help us. Thanks Phil.
I’m glad you found my list of cleaning blogs useful! Thanks for stopping by Phil.
I think even my cleaning service reads some of these blogs. They’re really helpful!
This is a great list of cleaning blogs. I think, these blogs can be a great resource for people to be aware about home cleaning and know some interesting things regarding it. They can also get some great ideas and solution for home cleaning.
Just wanted to say thanks for the useful tips, great blog post!
This is really helpful! Thanks for posting this!!